Police officials in California reported on Wednesday that a man had been detained for sexually assaulting, abusing, and torturing children.
ABC 7 Eyewitness News reported that a 40-year-old resident of Cypress, California, sexually molested three teenage girls for almost a year. A 10-year-old boy who was also another one of Alba’s victims has been hospitalized after showing two black eyes, bleeding from the head, and bruising all over his body.
However, authorities stated the true nature of Alba’s relationship with his victims is not clear.
Not an easy read.
Douglas Alba Of Cypress Charged With Torturing, Abusing 3 Children, Sexually Assaulting 14-Year-Old – CBS Los Angeles https://t.co/gMuajCYQXD
— Eliza (@elizableu) August 11, 2021
According to a Monday statement from the Orange County District Attorney’s office, Alba faces multiple charges of torture, child abuse, endangerment, sodomy by force, and sexual penetration of a child by a foreign object by force, as well as four counts of injuring a child with a bodily substance.
“The psychological and emotional trauma these children were forced to endure shocks the conscience. Reports of child abuse have plummeted during the pandemic as children have been kept home and away from mandatory reporters at schools and daycare,” District Attorney Todd Spitzer said in a statement, ABC 7 reported.
“We as a community have an obligation to protect the innocent and report any and all suspected child abuse to the authorities. We protect our children by speaking up,” he added.
In the event Alba is found guilty, he may face up to 30 years to life in prison in prison. The district attorney’s office says he is now being held on $1 million bail, and will be arraigned on August 24 at the Central Justice Center in Santa Ana, according to ABC 7.