Viral Video Goes Horribly Wrong Leaving Teen Disfigured And Unable To Speak

Thirteen-year-old Destini Crane has had two skin graft surgeries and a tracheotomy after accidentally lighting herself on fire while attempting to film a TikTok challenge that went viral this month.

The teen suffered severe burns when a bottle of isopropyl alcohol erupted on her face and body after being lit on fire while she tried to film the video. So far she has been unable to speak to tell her family and the doctors exactly what happened.

"There was a capped bottle of alcohol sitting on the counter, and the whole side of it had busted open, and there was a lighter and broken candle," said her sister, Andrea. "So, that's just kind of the conclusion we came to."

Andrea and their mother, Kimberly, told the station that they believe the teen was trying to imitate a TikTok video in which a man uses hairspray on a mirror and lights it on fire.

"It was unreal, heartbreaking," said Kimberly Crane. "Like, I don't think anyone wants to see their daughter on fire. It was horrible."

According to firefighter Rob Garrison, it was one of the most dangerous things he has ever seen someone do.

"You're not only putting yourself in danger; you're putting your entire family and anybody who is in that building in danger," Garrison said.

"The safety of users is our top priority at TikTok, and we do not allow content that encourages or replicates dangerous challenges that might lead to injury," the company said.

"Nobody wants their friends or family to get hurt filming a video or trying a stunt."

TikTok had made a statement in a post to its newsroom after the "skull breaker challenge" went viral last year commiting to removing dangerous content from its platform.

You Might Like
Previous Stocks CRASH After China Makes A Shocking Announcement
Next Ted Cruz Points Out Biden's Weaknesses To Hamas

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *